3D CHARACTER ARTIST
If you are interested in working at a company with a vast future projection and its own narrative-rich IP, and sharing a work environment with a professional team in Buenos Aires, Sixth Vowel is for you.
Sixth Vowel is looking for a 3D Character Artist for a Tactical Sci-Fi videogame.
Style searched: Realistic and Sci-Fi.
As a member of the artistic team you will be modeling the main characters along with the 2D Art team to guarantee the adequate aesthetic and modeling quality that our project requires. Then you will work in a later stage with the animation and rigging team to finish technical details. You will learn the most up-to-date international techniques in character modeling work.
Preferably, the position to occupy is inhouse, but we want you to show us your capabilities even if you live elsewhere.
- Create 3D characters models that follow the artistic guidelines achieving the quality and the style established for each aesthetic in the project
- Create quality textures in order to identify and give life to the modeled characters
- Work with the Art Director, scriptwriters, animators, and concept artists to plan, model characters, and implement the visual designs created for the game
- Able to work as a team or individually to provide solutions to production problems related to the creation of assets and the construction of worlds and their levels
- Advanced 3D modeling skills using Zbrush (high poly), 3DStudio or Maya (low poly)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and adaptability to a production pipeline with rapid iteration
- Motivated and passionate about video games
- A professional profile as well as commited and resposible
- 2 years at least of experience in the video game industry in the area of 3D characters modeling or 3 years modeling characters for other areas.
- Possess excellent artistic bases.
- 3D production tools kowledge (Substance Painter – Marvelous Designer – 3D Coat – Photoshop).
- Experience in Unity 3D is a plus.
- Portfolio with Sci-Fi concepts.
- Be an avid game player, strategy games if possible.
Submit CV and Portfolio.
A brief artistic test may be required.
About the game:
A unique intellectual property in the Sci-Fi Tactical RPG genre. The game’s story offers a new vision for the future of humanity, one that takes place in a vast and rich universe with a large cast of interesting and fully-fleshed out characters. With its blend of sophisticated tactics and consequence-heavy role-playing, our project presents an exciting and immersive new take on the genre.